This is a process of taking goods and services from Uganda to a foreign country.
Why Export your Goods outside Uganda
- The exporter can improve his/her cash flow through the claim of a refund of money spent on packing materials, e.g., boxes, Gunny bags.
- The exporter can also claim back money paid as VAT, during the production process of the exported goods.
- All exports do not pay taxes except; Unprocessed hides and skin, Fish, and unprocessed tobacco.
- A taxpayer who wishes to re-export their goods to another country, should note that income earned from the re-exported goods is taxable and should be declared during filing of their returns to avoid penalties and or interest.
- The exporter/re-exporter has to be registered with a Taxpayer Identification Number.
- Please note that all goods manufactured for export must be labeled ‘produced for export’.
- Remember before packaging your goods for export consult with Uganda Export Promotion Board to get more information on Eco-labeling, finding buyers for your goods, open account trading, how prices are determined internationally and much more.
- The exporter is required to appoint a customs agent to transact on their behalf.
- The exporter is required to obtain an export license from the Uganda Export Promotions Board.
- The exporter must secure the services of a licensed transporter( where applicable).