Licensing for Customs Purposes
This is process where customs legalizes the operations of Customs agents, bonded warehouses, vessels or vehicles conveying goods under customs control.
Why licensing is important during your Customs Transactions
- The taxpayer is granted security of their goods.
- It promotes compliance.
- The Taxpayer can import their items before payment of taxes since they are secured by the bond security of a licensed clearing agent.
- The applicant must be tax compliant in all tax heads, i.e. corporation tax, VAT and income tax for the company itself, the directors, shareholders and employees.
- The applicant must have an office with sufficient equipment, the physical location (address) of which must be indicated in the application form for verification.
- All licenses are renewable for every calendar year (January to December).
- All customs licensed operators must go through basic customs training.
- The clearing agent has to be licensed to be in position to transact business on behalf of URA.
Types of Customs Licensing:
Licensing of Customs Bonded Warehouses
Licensing of Customs Agents
Renewal of Customs Agent License
Transit Goods License - Truck
Security Bonds Management
Customs Clearing Agent Regisration
Customs Clearing Agent Suspension
Customs Clearing Agent Deactivation
Customs Clearing Agent Reactivation
Related Service Guides
Are you bringing goods into Uganda Here is your guide