This is the process of generating a payment slip by the taxpayer to effect all URA administered payments for tax and non-tax purposes.
Why would you make a payment registration
It enables the taxpayer to effect all URA taxes such as Income Tax, VAT, and duties such as Stamp Duty, Customs Duties among others.
- You may register a payment at your convenience, one does not need to go to a URA service center.
- You are free to select a bank of your choice from the list provided on the URA web portal.
- You can change payment to the bank of your preference at any time.
- You can correct any error in the payment details by printing another payslip using the re-registration functionality.
- You can register and make a payment even if you do not have a TIN.
- You can make installment payments for a tax liability ‘But’ you must agree with your tax office on the Installment payments. Non-individuals remit provisional tax in two half year installments and individuals remit provisional tax in four quarterly installments. This also applies to Rental Tax.
- URA payments do not include bank charges and must be specific on the mode of payment, i. e, Cash, Cheque, among other provisions.
- The client can only register a payment for a single Item at a time
- On registering a payment, a copy of the slip is always sent to the registered email of the client.
- One does not need a URA bank account number to make a payment.
- All payments must be done in Uganda shillings any other currency should be converted using the URA exchange rate as provided on the URA web portal.
- A payment should be tagged to a particular item, e.g Tax head, NTR transaction, ONTR among others and Tax payer.
- The figure put in the field of amount should neither have commas nor decimals.
- A payment registration number once generated is valid for 21 days
- Where a TIN is used when registering a payment, the client must confirm the details auto populated in the different fields belong to that TIN.
Access Your Payment User Guides below on:
Payment Registration for a Tax Type
Payment Registration for Non Tax Revenue (NTR)
Payment Registration for Other Non Tax Revenue (ONTR)
Instalment Payment for Taxes
Payment Registration using Mobile Money
Related Service Guides
Dissatisified with your Tax Assessment Here is you Guide to Objections and Appeals
How to Handle your Stamp Duty Transactions