Please select the service you are interested in.
This is the process of generating a payment slip by the taxpayer to effect all URA administered payments for tax and non-tax purposes.
Why would you make a payment registration
It enables the taxpayer to effect all URA taxes such as Income Tax, VAT, and duties such as Stamp Duty, Customs Duties among others.
- You may register a payment at your convenience, one does not need to go to a URA service centre.
- You are free to select a payment option of your choice from the list provided on the URA web portal.
- You can correct any error in the payment details by printing another payslip using the re-registration functionality.
- You can register and make a payment even if you do not have a TIN.
- You can make instalment payments for a tax liability ‘But’ you must agree with your tax office on the Installment payments.
URA payments do not include bank charges.
Effective November 2019, there will be 3 payment tabs. When you select “other Payment Option” You will be able to pay at any bank or use any mode. The PRN has been freed to ease payment
- The client can only register a payment for a single item at a time
- On registering a payment, a copy of the slip is always sent to the registered email of the client.
- One does not need a URA bank account number to make a payment.
- All payments must be done in Uganda shillings any other currency should be converted using the URA exchange rate as provided on the URA web portal.
- Payment should be tagged to a particular item, e.g Tax head, NTR transaction, ONTR among others and Taxpayer.
- The figure put in the field of the amount should neither have commas nor decimals.
- A payment registration number once generated is valid for 21 days
- Where a TIN is used when registering a payment, the client must confirm the details auto-populated in the different fields belonging to that TIN.
Access Your Payment User Guides below on:
Payment Registration for a Tax Type
Payment Registration for Non Tax Revenue (NTR)
Payment Registration for Other Non Tax Revenue (ONTR)
Instalment Payment for Taxes
Payment for Advance Income Tax
Related Service Guides
Dissatisfied with your Tax Assessment Here is you Guide to Objections and Appeals
How to Handle your Stamp Duty Transactions
Disclaimer: This catalogue is only a guide and should not be substituted for the Tax Laws, Rules and Guidelines. Always refer/consult the appropriate Tax Laws