Please select the service you are interested in.
Auctioning of goods in the Customs Warehouse
This is a process where goods of clients who have failed to clear taxes, are put on sale after they have exceeded the warehousing period in the bonded warehouses.
How do you benefit from Auction of Imported Goods
- The importer of such goods is in a better position to earn some money after sale of goods and the tax deduction.
- The buyers of such goods are in a better position to purchase them at a lower price than the open market price.
- The buyers of such goods must consult with the Customs Warehousing Officers directly.
- Public auctions are handled centrally at NIP Nakawa Head Office and the private treaty sales are done both at NIP Nakawa and the respective upcountry customs stations.
- The buyers are supposed to view the goods before bidding for them.
Access User Guides for Auctioning of goods below:
Auction of Goods under Customs Control
Related Service Guides
Are you bringing goods into Uganda Here is your guide
Disclaimer: This catalogue is only a guide and should not be substituted for the Tax Laws, Rules and Guidelines. Always refer/consult the appropriate Tax Laws