Sign In

Please select the service you are interested in.

Transfer of Motor Vehicle with Absentee Owner

This is a process where a taxpayer transfers a motor vehicle, whose original owner cannot be traced by downloading the manual form from the URA web portal. This involves changing the already registered names for a motor vehicle to another name as a result of a sale, gift, Court Orders, Police instructions, etc.

Please Note:
Approval is only done at the Headquarter Service Office but applications can be channelled through all the URA service Centre offices all over Uganda.

A Guide with requirements on how to Transfer a Motor Vehicle with Absentee Owner

Disclaimer: This catalogue is only a guide and should not be substituted for the Tax Laws, Rules and Guidelines. Always refer/consult the appropriate Tax Laws